This blog is about a "Private group of friends who are gourmets(REALLY!!); foose/pool (& TT) aficionados and love to hang out together ..."
Let me start by introducing the members: CAPS, who is founder of the group and his jovial wife, Ms. Beauty. Then comes the girl who has different aliases, but the one I chose is closest to umm... Samosa. So let's call her Sam. Next comes the Chaamach and then a guy who believes that he looks younger, if he is clean shaven, umm.. let's call him AB. Then we have Yokozuna with her (yes, Yokozuna is a SHE, and a pretty one at it!) husband HHeman. Well, you can guess, they make a lovely page 3 couple except for the extra 'H' that HHeman got. Then we have a lovely Bride and Borat, who believes that "agreement is not necessary" for him to pick up a girl. Last, but certainly the least (in terms of age ofcourse, Man, these people DO NOT forget this, ever!) is me, a kid who went working at the age of twenty. Talk about diversity, huh!
The lunch that started it all: One fine afternoon, soon after I had started working, I was lunching alone when CAPS invited me to their table. This was a noble gesture as the group was done, even Borat was!! and I had just started. Despite some resistance from Sam, CAPS chose to do so and there I was, at their table, nervous and anxious, struggling to finish my meal as quickly as possible and suddenly, I see the devilish smile across Sam's face. She had grown horns and in a typical ragging tone, she wanted me to guess the age and marital status of every person sitting on the table. Looking for a tail, I suddenly remember my sisters' golden words "never ask a girl her age" and cleverly avoided telling Sam's age, or, so I thought. I noticed a ring on Sam's hand, and without even thinking if it is the correct finger or not, announced her to be married. Pity me!
This was just the beginning for I made the blunder of guessing AB as married and thought Chaamach could actually be younger than him. The end result was a clean shaven AB forcing me to accept that it was the rubble that made me say so, the next day. I know, Pity me!
But the ice breaking phase passed soon and not so long after, we were buddies hanging out together and having fun times. We have had so many fun moments together that it would be nearly impossible to list them all, but here is an attempt.
I remember the "collection drive" for one's own farewell, the distinct style of speaking Kothaguda, the loooong walks ( 4-5 kms is not small, for God's sake!). I got bumps at office, though I can't picture more than one person hitting me. I regretfully also remember the kfc-vs-mast kalandar fight. I witnessed the most awesome "Ohh Shoot!!" ever and heard quite a lot about the (not so??) best trip to Leh-Ladakh. I miss arguing to go to B2 for snacks and not missing even a single opportunity to show off my WP7, apparently to a whole bunch of people who had the same phones! I loved those fooseball championships (remember the punch line of the group) and extremely enjoyed those endless table tennis sessions. I also got a chance to be part of the organizing team for Bride's bachelorette and Oh My, how much drunk can one be! Those planning sessions in the meeting room by the ground floor exit were fun too!
I miss those times, but what I don't miss is Charlie. Gosh, am I glad that I don't have to look her in the eye again!
We love to play dumb charades and the best performance till date has been of Chaamach who was enacting "The Proposal". Poor chap, he does need to get married. I definitely remember the talk about spiritual nature of our blood and how can I miss the moon kick, I thank God everyday for that. May each one of you be blessed with such a moon kick in their lives. Amen!
We had a wonderful holi this year with all those organic colours. We are gourmets, which means we have a discerning palate or in simpler terms, we are foodies.
Ha, got you! We all are so over-weight that we can't afford to eat a full Gulab Jamun after a meal for the fear of bursting our stomachs. We are always on diet and "hardly eat anything".
Aah, such memorable times! As the time draws by and a new beginning awaits me, I wish to spend a couple of moments to cherish this small yet wonderful time that we spent together. I had lots of fun and knowing you guys was an honour! I am really looking forward to welcoming the first baby to our group and meeting you all at some point or another. Hopefully, we will have the same fun again!
Let me start by introducing the members: CAPS, who is founder of the group and his jovial wife, Ms. Beauty. Then comes the girl who has different aliases, but the one I chose is closest to umm... Samosa. So let's call her Sam. Next comes the Chaamach and then a guy who believes that he looks younger, if he is clean shaven, umm.. let's call him AB. Then we have Yokozuna with her (yes, Yokozuna is a SHE, and a pretty one at it!) husband HHeman. Well, you can guess, they make a lovely page 3 couple except for the extra 'H' that HHeman got. Then we have a lovely Bride and Borat, who believes that "agreement is not necessary" for him to pick up a girl. Last, but certainly the least (in terms of age ofcourse, Man, these people DO NOT forget this, ever!) is me, a kid who went working at the age of twenty. Talk about diversity, huh!
The lunch that started it all: One fine afternoon, soon after I had started working, I was lunching alone when CAPS invited me to their table. This was a noble gesture as the group was done, even Borat was!! and I had just started. Despite some resistance from Sam, CAPS chose to do so and there I was, at their table, nervous and anxious, struggling to finish my meal as quickly as possible and suddenly, I see the devilish smile across Sam's face. She had grown horns and in a typical ragging tone, she wanted me to guess the age and marital status of every person sitting on the table. Looking for a tail, I suddenly remember my sisters' golden words "never ask a girl her age" and cleverly avoided telling Sam's age, or, so I thought. I noticed a ring on Sam's hand, and without even thinking if it is the correct finger or not, announced her to be married. Pity me!
This was just the beginning for I made the blunder of guessing AB as married and thought Chaamach could actually be younger than him. The end result was a clean shaven AB forcing me to accept that it was the rubble that made me say so, the next day. I know, Pity me!
But the ice breaking phase passed soon and not so long after, we were buddies hanging out together and having fun times. We have had so many fun moments together that it would be nearly impossible to list them all, but here is an attempt.
I remember the "collection drive" for one's own farewell, the distinct style of speaking Kothaguda, the loooong walks ( 4-5 kms is not small, for God's sake!). I got bumps at office, though I can't picture more than one person hitting me. I regretfully also remember the kfc-vs-mast kalandar fight. I witnessed the most awesome "Ohh Shoot!!" ever and heard quite a lot about the (not so??) best trip to Leh-Ladakh. I miss arguing to go to B2 for snacks and not missing even a single opportunity to show off my WP7, apparently to a whole bunch of people who had the same phones! I loved those fooseball championships (remember the punch line of the group) and extremely enjoyed those endless table tennis sessions. I also got a chance to be part of the organizing team for Bride's bachelorette and Oh My, how much drunk can one be! Those planning sessions in the meeting room by the ground floor exit were fun too!
I miss those times, but what I don't miss is Charlie. Gosh, am I glad that I don't have to look her in the eye again!
We love to play dumb charades and the best performance till date has been of Chaamach who was enacting "The Proposal". Poor chap, he does need to get married. I definitely remember the talk about spiritual nature of our blood and how can I miss the moon kick, I thank God everyday for that. May each one of you be blessed with such a moon kick in their lives. Amen!
We had a wonderful holi this year with all those organic colours. We are gourmets, which means we have a discerning palate or in simpler terms, we are foodies.
Ha, got you! We all are so over-weight that we can't afford to eat a full Gulab Jamun after a meal for the fear of bursting our stomachs. We are always on diet and "hardly eat anything".
Aah, such memorable times! As the time draws by and a new beginning awaits me, I wish to spend a couple of moments to cherish this small yet wonderful time that we spent together. I had lots of fun and knowing you guys was an honour! I am really looking forward to welcoming the first baby to our group and meeting you all at some point or another. Hopefully, we will have the same fun again!
Comments
Post a Comment